Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Things I'm thankful for


My kids: Oh the tribulations! But the many quiet joys that I get from my kids - they are my breath. I know I am probably viewed as over-strict, and I probably do not celebrate their successes often enough. I have to learn from them, as I struggle to guide them on their life journey while I can.


I have to thank my good friend Doug for getting me involved in his latest cinematic endeavor - Super 8 1/2. I'll be working on the web site for this project over the holidays, so stay tuned. If you have any interest in amateur filmmaking, and have an affinity for the classics, then you'll want to watch for the developments. As you may guess, there will be references to Fellini's 8 1/2. The mere fact that I now have an opportunity to be creative with people I like and haven't seen in a long time is such a gift, especially at this time in my life.


My spouse. Volumes of verse have been written by the masters over the ages, describing in poetic detail the depths of their feelings for the love of their life. If I could, I would write another just for her.


Freedom. Folks, in a time of growing suspicion and fear, we have to fight back with goodwill, honesty, and acceptance. Allowing ourselves a simplistic worldview that categories whole populations of people we don't even know as "evil" is nothing less than applying the same terrorist tactics that our "enemies" use. I am thankful more and more for the courageous few who dare to question the information that the general public is getting from our popular news and information sources. (I'll probably get tagged for posting this.)


Happy Thanksgiving to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home